- NCKCN as a whole and all of its products and services
- You, the user – which refers to individuals using NCKCN’s products and services, and/or
- You, the visitor – which refers to individuals visiting and viewing any of NCKCN’s websites
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you provide us directly – We ask for certain information such as your username, real name, address, phone number and email address when you sign up for NCKCN services, or if you correspond with us. We may also retain any messages you send through the Service, and may collect information you provide in user content you post to the Service. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. Your username and if you choose to disclose it, your real name, will be published publicly. Once published, your username and/or real name may not be able to be removed.
- Information we may receive from third parties – We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our website(s) or Service(s) through a third-party connection or login, such as Facebook Connect, etc., by “following”, “liking”, adding the NCKCN application, linking your account to the NCKCN Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to NCKCN. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. If you allow us access to your friends list, your friends’ user IDs, and your connection to those friends, may be used and stored to make your experience more social, and to allow you to invite your friends to use our Service as well as provide you with updates if and when your friends join NCKCN. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the NCKCN Service. You may also un-link your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service.
- Inviting a friend to use NCKCN Service(s) – NCKCN may, in its sole discretion, develop a feature that allows you to invite third parties to the Service. If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a third party to the Service through our “Invite friends” feature, you may directly choose a friend to invite through your mobile device’s native contact list – but we do not require that you import your contacts list tot he Service, and we do not retain the information contained in your contacts list. You understand that by inviting a friend to NCKCN through the “Invite friends” feature, you are directly sending a text or email from your personal accounts and that we are not storing your contact list. In addition, you understand and agree that normal carrier charges apply to communications sent from your phone. Since this invitation is coming directly from your email or phone, we do not have access to or control this communication.
- Finding your friends on the Service – NCKCN may, in its sole discretion, develop a feature that allows you to locate your friends with NCKCN accounts through a “Find friends” feature. The “Find friends” feature allows you to choose to locate friends either through: a) your contact list; b) social media sites (such as Twitter or Facebook); c) or through a search of names and usernames on NCKCN. If you choose to find your friends through your contact list, then you agree to provide NCKCN access to your contact list such that we can perform the search necessary to determine whether or not someone associated with the information you provide is using NCKCN Service(s). If you choose to find your friends through social media sites, then you understand that the information these sites provide to us e to conduct this type of search is governed by their privacy policies and your account settings on those sites. If you choose to find your friends through a search of names or usernames, then simply type a name to search and see if that name or username appears on our Service(s). Not that we do not retain any information contained in your contacts list, or information from social media sites about your contacts, and we do not use such information for any purpose other than to help you find your friends on any NCKCN Service.
- Analytics information – We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools and services, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
- Log file information – Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear gifs/web beacons information – When you use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Device identifiers – When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”, such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identifies your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by NCKCN. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you login faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Location data – When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data”, which may include GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- Commercial and marketing communications – We use the information we collect or receive, such as your email address, to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions, and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to “opt out” or change your preference(s). We also use your information to send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations, reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt out of Service-related emails. You may also be able to be “found” on NCKCN based information that you provide (“see “Find friends on NCKCN”) above.
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site;
- Provide custom, personalized content and information;
- To provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- To provide advertising to your browser or device, and
- Automatically update the NCKCN application on your mobile device(s).
Sharing of your information
We will not rent or sell your information to third-parties outside of NCKCN and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent, except as noted below:
- Who can see User Content – Any User Content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service becomes available to the public and cannot be removed, except by NCKCN in its sole discretion. Once posted on NCKCN, User Content may not be removable from public view, as copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, on other sites that have republished us, or if other Users have copied or saved that information. If you do not wish your User Content to be available to the public, please do not post it on NCKCN. Your username and if you choose to disclose it, your real name, will be published publicly. Once published, your username and/or real name may not be able to be removed.
- Who can see your IP address – If you post User Content on the Service while not logged in, your IP address may be published with your User Content in order to attribute your contribution to the Service. A selection of Trusted Users with administrative powers on NCKCN have the ability to review IP addresses of users to reduce abusive behavior. Any third party service embedded on NCKCN such as an advertiser, video provider, social network or other third party will also have access to your IP address.
- Who can see your email address – If you enter an email address, you will enable communication from NCKCN and other Users. If you reply to users or participate in group activities, your email address will be shared with these users. In addition, some email addresses such as email@example.com forward to a group of Trusted Users, who will use your email address to reply to the email.
What happens in the event of a change of control
We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets, and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
Instances where we are required to share your information
NCKCN will disclose your information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with the law and the reasonable request of law enforcement;
- To exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of NCKCN, our Users, or others.
Sharing certain service type information we collect about you
We may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.): a) with our third-party business partners for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information”. We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
Ads on NCKCN
For example, Google uses DART cookies in order to deliver ads to you through the Service. Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to the Service and previous websites that you may have visited. Other advertising networks also use similar cookies, clear gifs, or other mechanisms to deliver targeted advertising to you through the Service.
Please note that an advertiser may ask NCKCN to show an ad to a certain audience of Users (e.g., based on demographics or other interests). In that situation, NCKCN or our partners determines the target audience and NCKCN serves the advertising to that audience and only provides anonymous data to the advertiser. If you respond to such an ad, the advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
To enhance your experience or help us improve and measure our effectiveness, NCKCN may embed code from third parties on the Service. Examples of such parties may include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, and others. These third parties may collect information about you including IP address, cookies, etc., in ways NCKCN does not control.
How we store and protect your information
Keeping your information safe: NCKCN cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from NCKCN, at all times. However, NCKCN cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to NCKCN or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the NCKCN Service, such as social networks. NCKCN is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, NCKCN will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised to take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Your choices about your information
You control your account information and settings: You may update your account information and email communication preferences at any time by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by modifying your preferences.
We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations, reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly via Customer Support.
Opting out of collection of your information for tracking/advertising: Please refer to your mobile devices or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents NCKCN or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service, and for use in targeted advertising activities by third parties. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly via Customer Support.
How long we keep your private profile information: Following termination of your User account, NCKCN may retain your private profile information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, any information that you choose to make public on the service may not be removable.
NCKCN does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental, or guardian, consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us via Customer Support.
Links to other websites and services
** NCKCN and its partners reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time, and each such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting. It is your responsibility to review it for any changes.